Australian Leadership Awards Scholarships are open for applications!!!!
Written by Administrator
Tuesday, 08 April 2008
Australian Leadership Awards Scholarships
Telephone: 318852, 322284
CaBSAF (Capacity Building and Small Activity Facility)
Applications for the 2009 ALA intake open on 01 April 2008 and close 30 June 2008. The Australian Leadership Awards (ALA) Scholarships are a component of a regional program that aims to develop leadership and build partnerships and linkages within the Asia-Pacific. Selection for ALA Scholarships is highly competitive, based on leadership qualities and on academic excellence.
Objectives of ALA Scholarships:
· to develop a cadre of leaders advancing regional reform, development and governance
· to increase exchange of knowledge and information within the region
· to build common purpose and understanding between Australia and the region
· to build capacity to address priority regional issues
· to build effective networks between Australia and the region
· to demonstrate the benefits of Australian education through the provision of high quality education.
Fields and level of study:
Awards are open to all fields of study, however, study programs that relate to the priority themes of international trade, pandemics, security and climate change (including clean energy) are encouraged. Scholarships are not available for military training, or training in areas related to nuclear technology and flying aircraft. An ALA Scholarship enables candidates to undertake studies leading to a Master or Doctorate degree in Australia.
Who should apply:
An outstanding applicant with:
* a very high level of academic achievement at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
* a high level of English language proficiency
* demonstrated leadership potential and good prospects to influence social and economic policy reform and development outcomes in their home country and in the Asia-Pacific region
* a commitment to participate ASAN (Australian Scholarship Alumni Network) on their return home.
* an unconditional letter of offer for enrolment from an Australian tertiary institution for a Masters or PhD course commencing in 2009
* English proficiency test results obtained no earlier than two years prior to the date of your ALAS application; please note the minimum scores for eligibility:
o IELTS Academic module test: overall score 6.5 with no individual band score below 6; OR
o TOEFL paper-based test: 580 with TWE 4.5; computer-based test: 237; internet based test: 92
How to Apply:
There are two (2) options for submitting an application – online and by mail.
Telephone: 318852, 322284 CaBSAF (Capacity Building and Small Activity Facility)
Related: Busad tetgeleguud